Monday, March 15, 2010

Life with Aprons!

Here are a few samples of aprons that I've made for Spoons Garage on Kentucky in downton McKinney.


In another lifetime I was a quilt shop owner, a fiber arts teacher, and another quilt shop employee. Throughout that time I accumulated massive amounts of fabrics, beads, buttons, paints, ribbons, yarns, etc.


A few years back I designed and had built a home that included a studio for me. The studio was the entire upstairs -- 1200 square feet of space to house my stash of fabrics, notions, and books, not to mention the room for designing my art. This room had a 180 degree view of a lake to the north of us, and the mountains to the west.
Since leaving all that behind, I'm still going through boxes of treasures that help me create items such as these aprons. They are all ones-of-a-kind because I'm using up fabrics that are no longer being made.



Even though the aprons are on display at Spoons Garage across from Cadillac Pizza Pub on Kentucky St. Spoons employees and customers have been requesting special items just to fit their needs.




This one here has buttoned pockets for a cell phone and iPod with a narrow pocket in the middle for a pen. It's a size large and my free form is a size 4, so it swallows it up pretty well.
The ties, or handles as I like to call them, are extra long so that they can tie in the front. It just adds a nicer look to it, I think.
If there's anything here you'd like to see in person, feel free to stop by Spoons Garage or you can email me at jillluigs@yahoo.com.
And thanks for stopping by the blog.



1 comment: